Saturday, March 5, 2011

SCRIPTURE OF THE Day

Doctrine & Covenants 6:36
"Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not."
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
Wilford Woodruff
"There has always been a few among us who have been filled with evil forebodings . . . They have questioned and found fault with the counsel that has been given . . . and have asserted that revelation had ceased and the Saints were no longer guided by men to whom God made known his will. . . . But the faithful people---those who have lived strictly in accordance with their profession as Saints and with the requirements of the gospel---have not been assailed by doubts of this character. There might be many things which they could not fully understand . . . but possessing the Spirit of God, and being led by it, they trusted in the Lord and felt satisfied." (The Discourses of Wilford Woodruff, p. 141-142).

I have found, especially in this last year, that when I heed counsel that comes to me, whether by priesthood blessings or by promptings of the Holy Ghost, I have faired so much better.  I have to remind myself that the Spirit guides me.  Who am I to question?!  The Lord knows my Plan.

No comments:

1 Nephi 1: 1, 3

...therefore I make a record of my proceedings in my days.
And I know that the record which I make is true; and I make it with mine own hand; and I make it according to my knowledge.