Wednesday, February 9, 2011

SCRIPTURE OF THE Day:  Doctrine & Covenants 110:7
"For behold, I have accepted this house, and my name shall be here; and I will manifest myself to my people in mercy in this house."

This is so ironic.  I subscribe to the Latter-day Light Daily Devotional where I get a scripture and quote from a Prophet every day.  The one I received today (above) is just another testimony to me that my Heavenly Father is watching over me and blessing me.

Tomorrow I sign the settlement papers on my new house!!!!

Now, I know the above quote is about temples, but, if I read it in the context of my own house, I can see the hand of God blessing me and confirming that this is the right decision for me.

Do I put too much stock in these devotionals?  I don't think so.  They have been right on for the last year.  I look forward to reading them every day and have looked to them as answers to prayers that I have daily.

I was thinking of having my house dedicated to the Lord.  I hope that I will be able to help people by having a house, whether it be family or friends.  I pray that the Lord WILL manifest Himself, in mercy, in this house--my house. 

I am ever grateful for a loving Father who leads and guides me every day.  He has not forsaken me.  I know He never will.

No comments:

1 Nephi 1: 1, 3

...therefore I make a record of my proceedings in my days.
And I know that the record which I make is true; and I make it with mine own hand; and I make it according to my knowledge.