Monday, June 20, 2011

SCRIPTURE OF THE Day
Matthew 26:39 "And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt."

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
Spencer W. Kimball
"Prayers are not always answered as we wish them to be.  Even the Redeemer's prayer in Gethsemane was answered in the negative.  He prayed that the bitter cup of sorrow, pain, and mortal life termination could pass, but the answer was a 'no' answer" (The Teachings of Spencer W. Kimball, p. 124).

This makes me think.  If even the Savior could have a prayer turned down, who am I to think all my prayers should be answered in the way I want them.  But I still have faith.  Heavenly Father knows my plan and what is best for me.

No comments:

1 Nephi 1: 1, 3

...therefore I make a record of my proceedings in my days.
And I know that the record which I make is true; and I make it with mine own hand; and I make it according to my knowledge.