Wednesday, December 15, 2010

"Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

"Life's journey is not traveled on a freeway devoid of obstacles, pitfalls, and snares. Rather, it is a pathway marked by forks and turnings. Decisions are constantly before us. To make them wisely, courage is needed: the courage to say no, the courage to say yes. Decisions do determine destiny.
"The call for courage comes constantly to each of us. It has ever been so, and so shall it ever be."          ~ Thomas S. Monson (Ensign, November 1986, p. 40).

I feel like this scripture and quote speak to me of the journey I have had this year.  Many times I was told I had so much courage to do what I did.  I did not think of it as courage, but of necessity.  Nevertheless, I know my Lord has been good to me and has been watching over me this past year.  He has not failed me, nor has He forsaken me.  I am so, so grateful.
Decisions Determine Destiny.
I love that quote.  I saw it done in embroidery at a local store.  I think I will go get it when I get a permanent place to live.
If only I had the courage to have made this decision years ago.  So much time spent in waste.  I have my whole life ahead of me.  I choose to be happy.
If the Lord brought me to it, He will see me through it.
Amen!

No comments:

1 Nephi 1: 1, 3

...therefore I make a record of my proceedings in my days.
And I know that the record which I make is true; and I make it with mine own hand; and I make it according to my knowledge.