Thursday, May 15, 2008

What Women Are

Howard W. Hunter

"You are chosen to be faithful women of God in our day, to stand above pettiness, gossip, selfishness, lewdness, and all other forms of ungodliness. Recognize your divine birthright as daughters of our Heavenly Father. Be one who heals with your words as well as your hands. Seek to know the will of the Lord in your life, and then say, as did that wonderful exemplar Mary, the mother of Jesus, 'Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word' (Luke 1:38). My beloved sisters . . . I testify of the truthfulness and eternal nature of your honored place as women" (The Teachings of Howard W. Hunter, p. 151).

No comments:

1 Nephi 1: 1, 3

...therefore I make a record of my proceedings in my days.
And I know that the record which I make is true; and I make it with mine own hand; and I make it according to my knowledge.